Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm back! The Sugarbowl #39

I made this card for my son-in-law's birthday August 4. He and my dtr have two cats and a hamster, and this image was just about perfect. It is from the Country collection of Sugar Nellie. I love all those stamps. May have to try and collect all of them! This card was made for The Sugarbowl's challenge #39, found here http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/ .

I used BasicGrey dp for the background and Stampin'Up Almost Navy for the dark blue. I used Distressed Ink to sponge around the image. The rhinestones are from my stash and the 1/2 pearl stickers are from Kaisercraft. I popped the image up on foam squares. I used a Martha Stewart corner punch and a corner rounder punch on the corners.

I stitched around the outside block with a zig-zag stitch on my new little Singer craft machine. Still getting used to it!

That's all. Thanks a bunch for lookin'!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! A card!!! This is super cute, and Shay will love it:) The stitching looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hun
    and about time to!! lol, missed ya. gorgeous card,great image, fab colouring, luv the papers, have great weekend, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card.. Love the stiching and the image is to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and love the punched corners too. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

    ReplyDelete